E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Friday, March 26, 2010

Heard Around Town

If you haven't guessed, I'm pretty jazzed on saving money. I get a thrill getting an awesome deal and am always on the hunt for coupons!

A couple of days ago, while checking out at Safeway using the new self checkout kiosks, a Safeway employee was helping a man use the system. She reached for the Catalina Coupons (those things that spit out as you checkout), and said "don't forget your coupons!"

The guy laughed and said "I don't need those. I'm a guy".

Huh. Apparently money only grows on trees if you are a guy. We get Aunt Flow, and they get money trees.

The Safeway employee offered me the coupons (good ones at that!!) which I gladly accepted. I said to the man, "these are as good as cash on the products you normally buy, you know that, right?"

Again, he just laughed. I can't help but hope he thinks twice when throwing the coupons out next time. And if he doesn't, I hope I'm there to catch them again! (what?? I already said they were good ones!!)

After that encounter, I went on to pay just $.74/product for hair care stuff using coupons and sale shopping.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I love all your posts; you are so my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa the Vermont coupon queenMarch 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM

    Wow guess we know when he'll be retiring...never! Coupons are as good as gold especially when it leads to getting paid to buy something which I do often. I bet if he sat and listened to how much money you save he would go home and think twice about not taking those coupons...or maybe not after all he is a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....seventy-four cents for a hair care product...at Safeway, no less! Now that's something to smile about! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering if you still had the no 'poo thing going on...

    ReplyDelete