E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Friday, July 17, 2009

Frugal Missus Socializes

A group of friends are going out for dinner and drinks tonight. Sounds great, right? Not as great when your monthly budget doesn't have room for it! Does that mean I have to lose all connections with the outside world and become a hermit while we pay off our debt? NO!!

Girls Night Out (GNO) is scheduled to start at 7pm and because we are early eaters (I've been known to have dinner on the table at 5pm if not before!!), I can eat my planned dinner at our normal time and still be able to enjoy some social time while snacking on the free chips and salsa at the Mexi restaurant! It's a last minute date, so I'll be drinking water, but had I been able to budget for it, I could have splurged on a non-alcoholic fruity drink (lord knows the N/A drinks are cheaper!).

In any case, I look forward to escaping the house for some quality time with some of my favorite people!

1 comment:

  1. It's a good idea. I have often done that myself. Dinner at home and then chips, break, or even a side salad or cup of soup when we go out. I was able to do it on Monday and including one drink I only paid $6. No too shabby. Instead of water, especially if I'm at a bar, I like to get soda water with lime. It seems more fancy. haha

    ReplyDelete